Monday, December 23, 2019

My Favorite Souvenirs

The joy of a vacation doesn’t end when you get home. It continues in the memories of the things you saw and did, and the time spent with loved ones. One of the ways I keep those memories alive is by collecting Christmas ornaments from the places I visit. There's the Santa Claus ornament from Jamaica and the framed ornament that my sister Mary and I found in Colonial Williamsburg. This year in the Bahamas I bought a Christmas tree ornament made of wood and sea glass. They are my favorite souvenirs. Whenever I look at my tree, I am reminded of these special trips.

May your Christmas tree be full of happy memories! Merry Christmas!


clockwise from top left: ball from Savannah, Queen's guard from London, Moravian star from Cancun, Christmas tree from Nassau

1 comment:

  1. I have a Buckingham palace guardsman on my tree too! And a Santa-hat wearing tree frog from the Bahamas, a porcelain tree from Italy, several Colonial toy soldiers from Williamsburg (from before I lived here in Virginia), a chili tree from Texas and cactus tree from Arizona, moose and elk wreaths from Jackson Hole, a snowboarding bear from Colorado, a Mickey Mouse Santa hat. I love my memory/travel tree decorations!

    ReplyDelete