Monday, November 13, 2023

Mojito Madness on Allure of the Seas

Boleros on Allure of the Seas

If you’ve read any of my Key West posts, you know that I love mojitos. I end all my Key West trip reports with a review of the mojitos I tried during the trip, but I’ve never done a mojito review on a cruise ship before. When I found out that Royal Caribbean’s Latin-themed bar, Boleros, made three different mojitos, I knew I was going to have to try them all.

My plan was to have one mojito a day to spread them out throughout the cruise. I started with the Coconut Mojito, which the bartender said was their most popular mojito. It was made with Monin coconut syrup and came in a glass rimmed with coconut flakes. I thought it needed a bit more rum, but it was tropical and not too sweet.

coconut mojito
Coconut Mojito

On Day Two, I tried the Mojito Frappe, a frozen drink made with lime juice and fresh mint leaves. Blending really brought out the flavors of the mint and lime. It was cool and refreshing - perfect for a hot day in the Caribbean!

mojito frappe
Mojito Frappe

My drink for Day Three was a classic mojito. The bartender made it almost exactly the way I make mojitos at home, muddling three slices of lime with fresh mint and simple syrup, then adding Bacardi Superior rum and topping with club soda. I usually use less simple syrup, but it was a very nice drink.

classic mojito
Classic Mojito

I couldn’t end the cruise without having one more mojito. For the last day I chose the Coconut Mojito since it was my favorite of the three. Now I’m looking forward to recreating the recipes at home. I’ve already ordered a bottle of Monin coconut syrup!

Susan in Boleros

sun light fixture

Boleros

Travel tips: In addition to mojitos, Boleros serves rum-based cocktails like the Hurricane, Cuba Libre and Hemingway Daiquiri. On Allure of the Seas, the bar is located on Deck 5 on the Royal Promenade.

No comments:

Post a Comment