Saturday, April 18, 2020

How to Make Bahamian Sky Juice

Sky Juice

Nothing says vacation like sipping a cocktail on a tropical beach. Well, you might not be able to get to a beach right now, but you can have a taste of vacation at home.

When I'm in the Bahamas, my favorite cocktail is Sky Juice. I was introduced to Sky Juice when Ron and I were on a tour in Nassau and we stopped at a bar to cool off with some adult beverages. Most people were ordering daiquiris and Bahama Mamas, but I wanted something less fruity. The bartender suggested Sky Juice, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Sky Juice, also called Gully Wash in some parts of the Bahamas, is refreshing, potent, and best of all, it only requires a few ingredients.

You’ll need:
2 cups coconut water
1 cup gin (or white rum)
½ to 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
a dash of nutmeg

That’s it! Mix the ingredients together in a pitcher and chill for a few hours to blend the flavors, then serve over ice.

(Artwork shown above by Bahamian artist, John Paul)

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious. I’ll add those ingredients to today’s shopping list!

    ReplyDelete